The Regis Auckland Trophy for the best Club display.
Judged by Daniel Auckland
FREE on site visitor parking
At the show, you will find a host of traders with whom you can chat and get advice prior to purchasing.
You will be able to meet our magazine editors and contributors, as well as fellow modellers.
Additionally, there will also be club stands where you can talk to members and pick their brains!
We will have demonstrations; make & take (especially for youngsters); and a number of competition categories.
Keep up-to-date with details by checking back on the website or visiting our SAM, MMI & TSC Facebook pages.
Malaysia Miniature Hobby Show 2019 (MMHS) is the 4th annual South East Asia Hobby Show. It is a trade show featuring renowned international Hobby Manufacturers from Spain, United States, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and New Zealand who will showcase and launch their news products at the show. The 4th MMHS will be more interesting as we will introduce new show category “Hobby Collectibles & Designer Toys”. There will be also miniature model exhibition from modellers and modelling clubs from various countries. For year 2019 Malaysia Competition (MALCOM) will be the 3rd South East Asia miniature model competition with the addition of new competition category for Science Fiction & Gundam.
Cititel Penang, Penang
Asociacion Catalana Amigos del Modelsmo
Este año hacemos nuestro IV Encuentro Modelístico, en el que podrás exponer tus modelos sin la presión de los concursos, maquetear hasta que el cuerpo te aguante y disfrutar de las charlas que estamos preparando para todos los asistentes.
Iremos informando de las novedades que vayan saliendo así como de los patrocinadores.
Saturday 24 August 2019
TIME: 9.00 – 16.00
LOCATION: International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC), Canwick Avenue, Lincoln LN4 2HQ
Includes: tuition all day, lunch and refreshments plus some materials. Each workshop is limited to 20 places so you get plenty of tutor support and time to practice.
Good accommodation at Premier Inn, Lincoln Canwick is available right opposite the IBCC in Lincoln. It also has a decent pub/restaurant.
with Geoff Coughlin, Adam Waistell-Brown and Andy Goodwin (your Tutors for the day)
Aim of the workshop:
To give you the skills or enhance your current skills in all the following areas so that you can make and finish models to a standard you are really happy with as well as having fun and enjoyment at the same time!
Plenty of practice time for everyone after watching a demo: see it, practice it, master it!
- AK Weathering Pencils – how to use these versatile and creative new weathering products
- pastel weathering, when less is more! – using pastels to quickly add lighter more subtle weathering effects like faded paintwork
- pencil graphite weathering techniques – ideal for subtle paint chipping effects, enhancing metal appearance and adding general wear and tear
- filters – what is a filter and what’s it’s purpose
- washes and panel line shading – to add highlighting to panels and enhance moulded detail
- exhaust staining – options and how to create realistic effects
- weathering products – a huge range is now available! How do they work? What paint can they be applied over and many other questions answered
- hairspray paint chipping – how to do it and why it’s so effective for multiple modelling projects
- sponge chipping – how to do it and when and where you can use it
- wood effects – how to quickly create realistic word grains and effects
- other weathering techniques
- troubleshooting any and all of your weathering questions and problems.
How are the workshops run?
Plenty of demonstrations by your group tutor(s) along with skills practice for you! That means individual help and coaching to help you practice and develop your skills with tips and advice, all in a friendly and supportive environment. Just ask anyone who’s attended one of our workshops and do take a look at what others have said before – just follow the link from this page – here’s what Mike M. said from his experience in October 2017…