Saturday 24 August 2019
TIME: 9.00 – 16.00
LOCATION: International Bomber Command Centre (IBCC), Canwick Avenue, Lincoln LN4 2HQ
Includes: tuition all day, lunch and refreshments plus some materials. Each workshop is limited to 20 places so you get plenty of tutor support and time to practice.
Good accommodation at Premier Inn, Lincoln Canwick is available right opposite the IBCC in Lincoln. It also has a decent pub/restaurant.
with Geoff Coughlin, Adam Waistell-Brown and Andy Goodwin (your Tutors for the day)
Aim of the workshop:
To give you the skills or enhance your current skills in all the following areas so that you can make and finish models to a standard you are really happy with as well as having fun and enjoyment at the same time!
Plenty of practice time for everyone after watching a demo: see it, practice it, master it!
- AK Weathering Pencils – how to use these versatile and creative new weathering products
- pastel weathering, when less is more! – using pastels to quickly add lighter more subtle weathering effects like faded paintwork
- pencil graphite weathering techniques – ideal for subtle paint chipping effects, enhancing metal appearance and adding general wear and tear
- filters – what is a filter and what’s it’s purpose
- washes and panel line shading – to add highlighting to panels and enhance moulded detail
- exhaust staining – options and how to create realistic effects
- weathering products – a huge range is now available! How do they work? What paint can they be applied over and many other questions answered
- hairspray paint chipping – how to do it and why it’s so effective for multiple modelling projects
- sponge chipping – how to do it and when and where you can use it
- wood effects – how to quickly create realistic word grains and effects
- other weathering techniques
- troubleshooting any and all of your weathering questions and problems.
How are the workshops run?
Plenty of demonstrations by your group tutor(s) along with skills practice for you! That means individual help and coaching to help you practice and develop your skills with tips and advice, all in a friendly and supportive environment. Just ask anyone who’s attended one of our workshops and do take a look at what others have said before – just follow the link from this page – here’s what Mike M. said from his experience in October 2017…
Welcome to Art In Miniature and SM in Modellbygge 7-8 sept. 2019!
PMS Gothenburg invites you to Art in Miniature, the exhibition for the whole family and the highlight of any plastic model builder or those who want to be. See the exhibition, try-on-build, meet Sweden’s leading trader, competition, talk and serving.
When: First weekend in September, ie September 7-8, 2019.
Where: Activity in Mölndal, Fiskargatan 1
What: SM in plastic model building and the west coast’s largest exhibition of plastic models 2019
Open to the public: 11: 00-16: 00
13: 00-14: 00: Lectures
18: 00-20: 00 Dinner
Open to the public: 10: 00-15: 00
12: 00-13: 00 Lecture
14: 00-15: 00 Award ceremony
15: 00-18: 00 The exhibition is broken
Exhibition Competition in model building Try to build in our Workshop Lecture
All ages are welcome with special entry for families with children. For the younger ones, it is possible to test-build models that can be taken home at a very low price. Lectures and appearances of miniature artists in how to paint and build amazing creations. We show model building in all its shapes and nuances. Of course there is the opportunity for coffee and to buy a hot dog!
During the competition weekend it is an excellent opportunity to shop for all kinds of kits, accessories, books and DVDs, for all Sweden’s real model dealers will be in place.
There will be several talented model builders from all over the country and also from our neighboring countries and compete. Everyone is welcome to watch or exhibit at Art In Miniature. There are model builders of all ages and with different experience of model building. Registration for those who want to exhibit and compete is available under the tab registration contest .
Make & Take, try-on-build for children
For SEK 50 you get a kit and all the help you need, and the model you build, you must bring home with you.
You are expected in Seveso in the new location of the Varedo Model Show 2019
This year we will all celebrate the 25th year of the exhibition … a quarter of a century of competing models, prizes, satisfactions and good company
we are working to organize everything to the fullest … you prepare your masterpieces and join us in the Seveso gym, a few km from Villa Bagatti that hosted us until 2018
Good work modelers friends !!