Our Forum Rules
This is a website is for military model making enthusiasts and hobbyists.
- No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums
- Spam defined as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services
- Other web sites,
- Posts with little, or completely unrelated content.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
- Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
- Do Not Ask for email addresses or Phone numbers
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
- Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Do not post “offensive” posts, links or images:- THIS INCLUDES Any material which constitutes:
- SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE OBSCENE MATERIAL OR COMMENTS,
All are strictly prohibited. Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted. As per the terms and conditions of the Kings Troop Models website, threatening, abusive, or violent content will be reported to the police.
Please Use common sense while posting.
- Please refrain from cross post questions. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
- Do not PM users asking for help Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
- This forum is about Inspiration, helping and encouraging so please remain respectful of other members at all times. Remember if you don’t have something positive to say then rather say nothing!
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.
By posting/sending a message in any public electronic forum on the Web Site, you agree to have that message along with your name and/or user name posted for public viewing both here and in other promotional and advertising materials and on the www.kingstroopmodels.comweb site or sites, without compensation.
www.kingstroopmodels.com does not undertake to necessarily post every submission. All messages that are posted here represent the opinions of the individuals or organizations posting those messages, and do not express the ideas or opinions of www.kingstroopmodels.com. You may copy the posted messages for personal use, but redistribution in any way requires the written permission of www.kingstroopmodels.com. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy you make of any message(s) located on this web site shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
You represent and warrant that:
(i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Web Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and
(ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to grant to www.kingstroopmodels.com, a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups, forums of www.kingstroopmodels.com or which you provide by email or any other means to www.kingstroopmodels.comand in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to www.kingstroopmodels.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other www.kingstroopmodels.comweb sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against www.kingstroopmodels.com for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to www.kingstroopmodels.com.
In order to maintain an informative and valuable service that meets the needs of the users of the Web Site and avoids the harm that can result from disseminating statements that are false, malicious, in violation of the rights of others, or otherwise harmful, it is necessary to establish the following rules to protect against abuse.
You may not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site.
- Use the kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage or interfere with business interests or contractual relations of any person.
- Gain unauthorized access to the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, libellous, flaming, hateful, offensive (whether in relation to sex, race, religion or otherwise), defamatory, obscene, vulgar, harassing, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Use the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
You agree to indemnify www.kingstroopmodels.com and each of its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your breach of any of the foregoing, or other provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Service.
You understand that we have no obligation to monitor any bulletin boards, chat rooms, web logs, or other areas of the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site through which users can supply information or material.
However, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information we believe necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Service. We also reserve the right to deny access to the Web Site or any features of the Web Site to anyone, for any reasons, including as a result of persons who violate these Terms and Conditions of Service or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes the rights of others.
- Please use SEARCH first!
There is a possibility that your question been asked and answered on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top right of the page
- Be DESCRIPTIVE and SIMPLE is better for topic names. I.e ‘How do I use acrylics for tanks?
- Please remember that people are doing you a favour when they offer you help. So:
- Be patient,
- help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with
FORUM ADMINISTRATION AND MODERATOR POLICY
BECOMING A MODERATOR
All moderator applicants must be:-
- a member for at least 90 days (3 months) and have at least 100 posts.
- You must be active in the individual forums you wish to moderate and
- regularly create and respond to threads in those forums.
- You must also maintain a working knowledge of the subject matter.
Please be aware that applying to be a moderator does not guarantee acceptance and that moderators will only be appointed when needed.
Current moderators and administrators will review applications and decide if the applicant fits the desired post. Administrators have the final say and we reserve to right to refuse an application
Acting as a moderator of a forum on www.kingstroopmodels.com is an unofficial, volunteer role. Moderators are not employees, contractors or agents of www.kingstroopmodels.com and are not responsible for actions or inactions of moderators.
If you act as a moderator, you agree that:
- You will always act in good faith as a moderator. You should always maintain a calm and cordial demeanour as moderator.
- You will not accept any gifts, favours or other compensation from third parties in connection with or related to your actions as a moderator.
- You should not promote or advertise any particular product, brand or service, and should remain impartial.
- You will comply with these Terms and Conditions of Service, along with the moderating guidelines and content policies of www.kingstroopmodels.com made available to you from time to time. You will take appropriate action whenever you are notified of content that violates www.kingstroopmodels.com policy or promptly escalate matters to www.kingstroopmodels.com for review. To the extent you are uncertain about what is the appropriate action in particular circumstances, you will contact www.kingstroopmodels.com
- You are not authorized to act on behalf of www.kingstroopmodels.com. and may not represent to others that you are authorized to act on behalf of, or otherwise bind www.kingstroopmodels.com.
- As a moderator, you may receive or have access to confidential and/or non-public information. You will not publish any of this information online or share any of this information with third parties. You will keep this information secure and will protect this information from being accessed or seen by others. You will not use any of this information except in connection with your role as a moderator. If you believe any of this information in your possession has been accessed inappropriately, you will promptly contact www.kingstroopmodels.com. You will continue to comply with the provisions in this paragraph, even after you are no longer a moderator.
- www.kingstroopmodels.com may revoke your right to moderate at any time, for any reason, and may in its sole discretion, overturn any action or decision that you make.
IN ORDER TO APPLY TO BE A MODERATOR YOU MUST BE:
- a forum regular user
- have been at the forum for over 3 months
- have a positive presence on the www.kingstroopmodels.com Forums
- be proactive
- knowledgeable in the Forums they would like to moderate.
- polite and helpful towards other members and give advice whenever needed and whenever possible.
- visit the forum each day, actively take part in discussions as often as possible, ideally once a day, setting a good example to the other members.
- take an active part in discussions between Moderators relating to the running of the forum.
- help to keep unsuitable content out of the forums as much as possible.
ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS reserve the right to
- move or
- close any thread or
as they see fit, without prior warning.
FORUM COPYRIGHT POLICY
www.kingstroopmodels.com has adopted and implemented a copyright policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. For more information, please refer to Kings Troop Models Terms & Conditions
In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may disable and/or close the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
To use certain features of the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site, you will need a username and password, which you will receive through the Web Site’s registration process.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
- We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
- that the advertisement as it appears on the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site becomes our property and
- you assign all ownership interest in the advertisement as it appears on the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site under copyright law or otherwise to us.
- Submission of an advertisement does not constitute a commitment to publish the advertisement, and publication of an advertisement does not constitute an agreement for continued publication.
- We will accept only standard abbreviations and require proper punctuation.
- We reserve the right to edit, reclassify, revise, reject or cancel any advertisement at any time, in our sole discretion. Rates and specifications, if any, are subject to change.
www.kingstroopmodels.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other similar affiliate advertising programs which are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to such affiliates’ websites such as Amazon.com. www.kingstroopmodels.com.reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users of www.kingstroopmodels.com, with our own internal tracking.
You agree NOT to post or otherwise make available content that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” or “unsolicited commercial advertisement.”
We may cancel or terminate your right to use the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site or any part of the www.kingstroopmodels.comWeb Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorised to access the part of the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the www.kingstroopmodels.com Web Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Service, shall survive.
Am I allowed more than one account?
No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.
What happens if I break a rule?
If you break a rule, then you will either be warned, suspended or banned.
- A suspension of your user account is temporary.
- A ban is permanent.
What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?
Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.